Additional Information for Athlete Membership
How to register:
Click here to request your personal IBJJF Membership ID card.
Click here to view the documents you are required to submit in order to obtain your personal IBJJF Membership ID.
- Athletes up to 17 years old – $25.00 USD.
- Athletes 18 years old and older:
- First membership – $40.00 USD.
- Membership renewal – $35.00 USD.
** As of January 1, 2017, Article 7 of the IBJJF Graduation System, pertaining to the Athletes with Provisional Graduation, will be in effect.
- Membership card reprint – $10.00 USD.
Types of payments:
- Credit Card:
- Credit Cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express & Discover
Memberships approved from October 1st of the current calender year shall be valid until December 31st of the following calendar year. All athletes must renew their personal IBJJF Membership ID every time they change belts, academies or professors.
Instructions on how to proceed after requesting your membership:
- After completing or updating your membership registration and requesting your IBJJF Membership ID, you must follow the instructions received at the email address entered during the registration process.
- Your documentation should be uploaded to the IBJJF database at www.ibjjfdb.com. To upload you will need to be logged into the IBJJF database. Your login and password will also be sent via email after completing the account registration form. In order to avoid problems, please make sure your documentation is completed prior to submission.
- Your membership payment can be made after all documents are analyzed and approved. After all of the documents are approved, you will receive a new email with all the steps to make your payment.
- In the case which you are unable to locate the emails sent to you, please check your Spam Folder for the sender ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and mark it as trustworthy.
Mailing the membership card:
- Depending on the postal services in your region, the delivery time can take up to 45 days.
- Please make sure to fill in your mailing address correctly on the registration form.
- With an active membership in the system, you can already register for all events. If your card does not arrive in the mail prior to the event, you may compete with any document issued by an official government agency with a photo and date of birth (Passport, ID, Driver’s License, etc.)