Athletes affiliation andJun 23rd, 2017
Academy registration deadline
Athletes affiliation and academy registration deadlineAll minors (age 17 and younger), brown and black belt athletes must be properly affiliated for the current year. All tournaments taking place in Brazil require all participating athlete's to be properly affiliated for the current year. Starting in January 2018, all purple belts will also be required to have a valid membership ID in order to register and compete in tournaments.
All academies must be registered in order for its students to register in the competition.
All the documentation must be sent properly filled and signed as instructed on the e-mail received when soliciting your affiliation online. Minors, Brown and Black belts with pending and/or incorrect documentation won't be able to register for the tournament, as they need to have their request approved first. This rule applies to athlete's of all belt and age ranks who wish to participate in tournaments in Brazil.
For information about how to become a member or renew your membership please access this page.
For more information on how to register your academy please access this page.
Registration deadlineJul 7th, 2017
Registration deadlineWe try to accommodate as many athletes as possible in our events, but there is a limit on the number of athletes in order to guarantee a high quality event. THE FEDERATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLOSE THE REGISTRATION when we reach full capacity, or at midnight event local time on the appointed event registration deadline, whichever comes first.
We strongly suggest the registration is taken care of, before any travel arrangement's.
Athlete correction deadlineJul 8th, 2017
Athlete correction deadlineLast day for Athletes to make or request their corrections to email@example.com
Athletes can log in their accounts and edit the registration information. To log in, go to www.ibjjfdb.com and use your e-mail and password.
Team correction by professorFrom Jul 9th, 2017 to Jul 10th, 2017
Team correction by professorProfessors have until the date listed to send the team assembly/correction to firstname.lastname@example.org
Professors please send email with the list to the email above.
Registration checkdayJul 12th, 2017
Registration checkdayAthletes and professors who requested a change/correction must check the competitors list to make sure that the correction requested was made correctly.
At registration checkday IBJJF will only correct typing mistakes made by our staff, on the requests made by athletes and professors sent by the deadlines above.
New corrections requests will not be made on this day.
If you have any problem with your registration correction, send an e-mail to email@example.com
Deadline for emails is 5PM Event local time.
Schedule release dateJul 12th, 2017
Schedule release dateOn this date IBJJF will be releasing the final schedule. Time of release will depend upon tournament's organization.
Brackets release dateJul 14th, 2017
Brackets release dateThe brackets will be available online at our website.
Belt & Age Divisions
|Male and Female *|
|Year of Birth||Age division||Belt|
|2010||Pee-Wee 1||Gray, Yellow|
|2009||Pee-Wee 2||Gray, Yellow|
|2008||Pee-Wee 3||Gray, Yellow|
|2007||Junior 1||Gray, Yellow, Orange|
|2006||Junior 2||Gray, Yellow, Orange|
|2005||Junior 3||Gray, Yellow, Orange|
|2004||Teen 1||Gray, Yellow, Orange, Green|
|2003||Teen 2||Gray, Yellow, Orange, Green|
|2002||Teen 3||Gray, Yellow, Orange, Green|
|* Male and Female competitors do not compete in the same divisions.|
Open ClassThere is no open class for this event.
Important Info• Athlete's registered in either a Mighty Mite or Pee Wee age division are allowed to enter the competition area with 1 coach only.
• Matches may start 30 minutes in advance. Athletes should be in the warm up area at least 40 minutes prior to the time assigned for his or her division on the schedule.
• It is mandatory to have an official picture ID at all times.
• The official weight measurements of this event is in KILOGRAMS.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
Exemption: Athletes who are alone in their bracket are eligible to receive a full refund of the registration fee if they contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request to withdraw their name from the competition prior to the end of the appointed event registration check day.
• Athletes will receive a complimentary event t-shirt which they should pick up at the event. All shirts should be picked up at the event's shirt booth. Each athlete should bring 1 kg of non-perishable foods, with the exception of salt and sugar, to be donated in exchange for the event t-shirt.
• Athletes who place in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their division will receive a medal at the event. All the medals should be picked up at the event's podium.
• Each team can only have two athletes in the same division bracket (of age/weight/belt). If your team has more than 2 athletes in the same division, the professor needs to email email@example.com prior to professor's correction deadline in order to create different teams for the same academy. This rule does not prevent you from registering for the event.
• There will be five group trophies awarded for this event:
• Any false information provided during registration such as, but not limited to, DOB, may lead to immediate disqualification. Such actions are subject to suspension or even banishment from future IBJJF events.
• If you are alone in your bracket you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org till the day before registration check day and request a change on your registration. IBJJF does not guarantee that the division you want to be moved to will have another competitor at the day of the event.
• We try to accommodate as many athletes as possible in our events, but there is a limit on the number of athletes in order to guarantee a high quality event.
• IBJJF reserves the right to close registration when we reach full capacity, or on the day of the appointed event registration deadline, whichever comes first.
• It is the responsibility of the athlete to be knowledgeable of the rules and guidelines pertaining to the sport (as outlined in the IBJJF Rules Book).
• We strongly suggest that athlete registration is finalized before making any travel arrangements.
• Athletes 18 years old or younger, which have previously worn a belt from a belt rank that no longer exist for his/her current age range, according to the IBJJF Graduation System, will only be allowed to compete in a belt rank that matches that athlete's current age group.
• Before each fight, athletes will be asked to show their valid form of photo identification(ID) to the officials. Make sure you have it on hand.
• Signs/flags are not permitted inside the event facility.
• This tournament is organized by the International BJJ Inc. in partnership with the International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation and Confederação Brasileira de Jiu-Jitsu.
Please click here to download a copy of the event poster.