Coach’s Code of Conduct – World No-Gi
At the World Jiu-Jitsu No-Gi Championship, IBJJF will have a reserved area around the competition perimeter for coaches’ access only.
ATTN: Due to the limited spacing of the coaching area, 200 spots per side, professors will be admitted on a first come first serve basis.
The coaches must be a black belt registered with CBJJ (Brazil), USBJJF (USA), JBJJF (Japan), FPJJB (Portugal), UIJJ (Italia), CFJJB (France) or IBJJF (other countries). To have access to the reserved area the coaches must show their valid 2017/2018 membership ID’s.
PROFESSOR’S CODE OF CONDUCT
“I understand that in my position as a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt and a martial arts coach, I should always lead by example and be morally straight; that all my actions are to be held accountable to influence the generations to come.
I shall promote fair-play among my peers.
I shall be courteous to other coaches, athletes and supporters.
I shall respect and follow the rules and regulations, and understand that they are there to protect myself and others.
I will do my best to promote the good name of our art.
I shall be honest, fair and just”
Coaches conduct code applicable to IBJJF sanctioned events
- The coach is responsible for the athletes conduct from the moment you enter and exit the event.
- The coach’s action inside the competition area is limited to communicating with the athlete. Tactics and strategies advises, motivating, instructions to unpredictable situations, injuries.
- The coach must remain in the designated coaching area during the whole match.
- No comments are to be made towards the referee at any time during the match.
- At any time, there will be no inappropriate language allowed towards the referee, opponents, event officials or spectators.
- Hitting, tapping, kicking the publicity panels or other equipment inside the competition area is prohibited.
- There are no inappropriate gestures towards the opponents, coaches, referees, or any event official.
- It is mandatory to wear a t-shirt inside the competition area at all times.
- It is not allowed to use any garments showing inappropriate wording or images.
- It is not allowed to use garments that the referee, or event director may see as inadequate for the competition area.
Any coach that does not follow any article of this code, in or outside of the premises, will be prevented from joining their athlete(s) inside the competition area during the event. The coach, athlete or the academy are subject to penalties, such as suspension of membership, participation in other events, or can be banned from IBJJF sanctioned event sites.