IBJJF Jiu-Jitsu Charity Day
IBJJF is proud to announce the 2019 Jiu-Jitsu Charity Day (JJCD) and we are inviting you, the community, to join in our efforts to make the world a better place through the power of Jiu-Jitsu.
The 2019 JJCD will occur in conjunction with the 2019 Kids International IBJJF Jiu-Jitsu Championship – Long Beach and Long Beach International Open IBJJF Jiu-Jitsu Championship where there will be a number of charitable drives. The net profits from both tournaments along with the proceeds from the various charity drives will be donated to UNICEF.
The following drives and events will take place during the 2019 Jiu-Jitsu Charity Day:
Food Drive – Los Angeles Food Bank
- Click here for suggestions on the best food items to be donated.
- IBJJF encourage all athletes and spectators to donate one pound of nonperishable food.
- All academies are welcome, and encouraged, to organize food drives as well in order to gather much more than a pound per athlete!
OBS: All academies that organize a food drive and gather over 50 pounds of food to be donated at the 2019 Jiu-Jitsu Charity Day will receive a free 2020 Academy Registration (non-transferable).
- The academy that gathers the most amount of food (over 50 pounds) will receive a 2-hour Açai catering for your next Academy event. This means that they will bring 100 bowls with all the toppings ($1,000 value).
*Scheduling of the free in-house catering is subject to availability
- Please email email@example.com if you would like to assist with the event as a volunteer staff member.
- Everyone who volunteers as staff for this event will be receiving a free membership ID with IBJJF, or their countries BJJ Federation.
OBS: The staff volunteer is required to take care of all necessary documentation based on age and country of residence. The membership is for self use only.
There will be an IBJJF Rules Seminar held on November 2nd at the CSU Long Beach – COB Building – Room: 113 , at 3:00 PM PDT. Please click here for more information and early registration!