COACH/PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
"I understand that in my position as a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu coach and/or parent, I should always lead by example and be morally straight; that all my actions are to be held accountable to influence the generations to come.
I shall promote fair-play among my peers.
I shall be courteous to other coaches, parents, athletes and supporters.
I shall respect and follow the rules and regulations, and understand that they are there to protect myself and others.
I will do my best to promote the good name of our art.
I shall be honest, fair and just”
Coaches and Parent conduct code applicable to IBJJF sanctioned events
- Athletes registered in the Mighty Mite and Pee Wee divisions are allowed to have one coach/guardian with them in the barricade area. Athletes in the Junior and Teen divisions will not be allowed to have a coach within the barricade area.”
- There will be 2 chairs located by the score keepers table per ring area, behind the publicity panels, where the coach/parent will be seated
- The coach/parent is responsible for the athletes conduct from the moment you enter and exit the event.
- The coach’s/parent’s action inside the competition area is limited to the communication with the athlete. Tactics and strategies advises, motivating, instructions to unpredictable situations, injuries.
- The coach/parent must remain seated during the whole match.
- No comments are to be made towards the referee at any time during the match.
- At any time, there will be no inappropriate language allowed towards the referee, opponents, event officials or spectators.
- Hitting, tapping, kicking the publicity panels or other equipment inside the competition area is prohibited.
- There are no inappropriate gestures towards the opponents, coaches, parents, referees, or any event official.
- It is mandatory to wear a t-shirt inside the competition area at all times.
- It is not allowed to use any garments showing inappropriate wording or images.
- It is not allowed to use garments that the referee, or event director may see as inadequate for the competition area.
Any coach/parent that does not follow any article of this code, in or outside of the premises, will be prevented from joining their athlete(s) inside the competition area during the event. The coach, athlete or the academy are subject to penalties, such as suspension of membership, participation in other events, or can be banned from IBJJF sanctioned event sites.