SafeSport’s online training course is a necessary educational tool for prevention of abuse in sport. Education and awareness are the most critical components to creating safe and respectful sport environments. The SafeSport Trained course covers the following topics in-depth:
- Mandatory Reporting
- Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
- Emotional and Physical Misconduct
Both the SafeSport Trained comprehensive course and the Parent Training helps you to recognize if an athlete is being abused, and most importantly you will learn how to prevent this from happening, or how to respond and help if the abuse has already happened. By taking this training, you are a part of the daily effort to make the well-being of the athlete the centerpiece of sport programs.
The SafeSport online training course is 90 minutes long, and costs $20 per person.
This cost provides individuals with technical support and a U.S. Center for SafeSport Trained certificate is issued at the end of the course. The cost also allows the parent course and athlete training resources available for free which you will have access to. The training will also be available with translations in Spanish and French. The abbreviated course for parents is available at no cost.
To learn more about SafeSport and the SafeSport online training course go to www.athletesafety.org
Instructions on how to register for the SafeSport online training course:
- Click here to begin registration.
- The link above will navigate you to www.athletesafety.org to create your account. Google Chrome or Firefox are recommended for the best user experience.
- After clicking “Save” to confirm your affiliation with INTERNATIONAL BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU FEDERATION, complete your account registration.
- An email will be sent to you to confirm your account. Open the email and click “Confirm Email Address”. You can then sign in.
- Once you’ve signed in, click on “Training” from the homepage or from the “Menu” in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select “SafeSport™ Trained” from the catalog and “Add to Bag”.
- Select “Add Coupon” and enter the coupon code: IBJJF19 to apply the discount.
- Select “Checkout”.
- Once you’ve successfully checked out, you will be able to complete the training from your Learning Dashboard.
If you experience any technical difficulties while taking the training, please contact the SafeSport Help Desk directly at email@example.com or call 720-676-6417. The Help Desk hours are: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 9:00pm EST; Saturday – Sunday 12:00pm – 5:00pm EST.
Remember to download and save your SafeSport™ Trained certificate upon completion of the course.
For any SafeSport-related questions, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other inquiries, please contact email@example.com.